The TRE-ADD Program at Surrey Place Centre is seeking applicants for future contract Behaviour Support Worker positions. If you would like to be considered for any upcoming Contract Behaviour Support Worker Positions at Surrey Place Centre, please apply below. Applications will be kept on file for three months, after three months if you still wish to be considered for Contract Behaviour Support Worker Positions, please resubmit your resume.
The Behaviour Support Worker provides support in the delivery of individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18 within Section 23 classrooms, in Toronto and Mississauga. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and, in some cases, additional Developmental Disorders. These clients exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor. Please note that Behaviour Support Workers may on occasion be reassigned across TRE-ADD Section 23 classrooms to support short term clinical needs.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Support in the delivery of intensive, individualized ABA treatment, specifically focusing on behaviour management
- Support clients with adapted daily living, classroom and communication skills
- Support in collecting and tracking data
- Preparing program materials
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate such as Behaviour Science Technology, Child and Youth Worker or equivalent
- 6 months proven experience with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours and knowledge of ASD
- Experience with dual diagnosis and mental health an asset
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting Contract Behaviour Support Worker TRE-ADD in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.