Program: Human Resources
Status: Full-time, Non Union
Date Posted: October 31, 2017
Closing Date: November 13, 2017
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the V.P. Finance & Administration, V.P. Human Resources & Communications, and V.P. Developmental Services.
- Manages VP’s schedules/calendars including coordinating meetings, resolving calendar conflicts
- Assists VPs with meeting agenda creation, taking minutes at meetings where required, coordinating meeting logistics when required, such as room bookings, technology requirements, catering if needed etc.
- Ensures meeting information/packages such as agendas, minutes and supporting documentation are prepared for the VPs
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates administrative and operational procedures, activities and documentation for the VPs
- Maintains the filing systems of the VPs
- Coordinates internal document signing for the VPs including documents such as expense approvals, invoices, procurement documentation, MOU’s etc.
- Assists VPs in preparing monthly expense reports
- Provides administrative support for the SPC Foundation
- Assists with time and attendance requirements for the VPs
- Assists in formatting and numbering the organizational policies and procedures and posting on the intranet.
- Coordinates travel and accommodation arrangements and itineraries for the VPs
- Administers and coordinates mail flow of the VPs
- Assists and provides direction to all staff when requested or re-directing them to specific departments
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- Two years’ of experience providing support at a senior management level or five years’ experience supporting at a manager/supervisor level
- Expert knowledge using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to prepare correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and presentations
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Possess strong organizational, problem solving and judgement skills
- Demonstrated initiative, high degree of accuracy and ability to handle a complexity of tasks
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some after-hours meetings and flexibility to attend to urgent requests after regular work hours
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters using high degree of tact
- Ability to be highly adaptable with sharp prioritizing and time management skills
- Being proactive in anticipation of needs
- Displays values congruent to organizational Core Values
- A satisfactory and current Police Records Check, Vulnerable Sector Screening
- French or a second language reflecting the diversity of the Toronto community would be an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1777-121 in the subject line of your email.