Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (12 Month Contract)
Salary Range: $29.8110 – $37.7810/hour
Date Posted: January 3, 2018
Closing Date: January 16, 2018
The Adult Program at Surrey Place Centre is seeking a Service Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide intake and service coordination to adults with developmental disabilities while coordinating services both at Surrey Place Centre and in the community. Surrey Place Centre is client-centred, interdisciplinary and team oriented in service delivery.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Intake services including, interviewing clients, caregivers, service providers and staff
- Making referrals to other community agencies and services as required
- Preparing and maintaining intake documentation and entering data into the Centre’s MIS
- Incorporating information from and providing information to the interdisciplinary team, and/or other sources both internal and external as required in the preparation of service plans
- Providing information to clients, caregivers, service providers and staff on the availability and appropriateness of community services and funding support
- Participating in service coordination group meetings and chairing case conferences as required
- Degree in social or health sciences
- 3 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of adults with developmental disabilities or those who have a chronic/permanent condition affecting functioning in the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 1802-520 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.